We're happy to announce the tenth bug fix release of the Luminous
v12.2.x long term stable release series. The previous release, v12.2.9,
introduced the PG hard-limit patches which were found to cause an issue
in certain upgrade scenarios, and this release was expedited to revert
those patches. If you already successfully upgraded to v12.2.9, you
should **not** upgrade to v12.2.10, but rather **wait** for a release in
which http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686 is addressed. All other users
are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
* This release reverts the PG hard-limit patches added in v12.2.9 in which,
a partial upgrade during a recovery/backfill, can cause the osds on the
previous version, to fail with assert(trim_to <= info.last_complete). The
workaround for users is to upgrade and restart all OSDs to a version with the
pg hard limit, or only upgrade when all PGs are active+clean.
See also: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36686
As mentioned above if you've successfully upgraded to v12.2.9 DO NOT
upgrade to v12.2.10 until the linked tracker issue has been fixed.
* The bluestore_cache_* options are no longer needed. They are replaced
by osd_memory_target, defaulting to 4GB. BlueStore will expand
and contract its cache to attempt to stay within this
limit. Users upgrading should note this is a higher default
than the previous bluestore_cache_size of 1GB, so OSDs using
BlueStore will use more memory by default.
For more details, see BlueStore docs
For the complete release notes with changelog, please check out the
release blog entry at:
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-12.2.10.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 177915764b752804194937482a39e95e0ca3de94
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)