We're happy to announce the fourth bugfix release in the Octopus series.
In addition to a security fix in RGW, this release brings a range of fixes
across all components. We recommend that all Octopus users upgrade to this
release. For a detailed release notes with links & changelog please
refer to the official blog entry at https://ceph.io/releases/v15-2-4-octopus-released
* CVE-2020-10753: rgw: sanitize newlines in s3 CORSConfiguration's ExposeHeader
(William Bowling, Adam Mohammed, Casey Bodley)
* Cephadm: There were a lot of small usability improvements and bug fixes:
* Grafana when deployed by Cephadm now binds to all network interfaces.
* `cephadm check-host` now prints all detected problems at once.
* Cephadm now calls `ceph dashboard set-grafana-api-ssl-verify false`
when generating an SSL certificate for Grafana.
* The Alertmanager is now correctly pointed to the Ceph Dashboard
* `cephadm adopt` now supports adopting an Alertmanager
* `ceph orch ps` now supports filtering by service name
* `ceph orch host ls` now marks hosts as offline, if they are not
* Cephadm can now deploy NFS Ganesha services. For example, to deploy NFS with
a service id of mynfs, that will use the RADOS pool nfs-ganesha and namespace
ceph orch apply nfs mynfs nfs-ganesha nfs-ns
* Cephadm: `ceph orch ls --export` now returns all service specifications in
yaml representation that is consumable by `ceph orch apply`. In addition,
the commands `orch ps` and `orch ls` now support `--format yaml` and
* Cephadm: `ceph orch apply osd` supports a `--preview` flag that prints a preview of
the OSD specification before deploying OSDs. This makes it possible to
verify that the specification is correct, before applying it.
* RGW: The `radosgw-admin` sub-commands dealing with orphans --
`radosgw-admin orphans find`, `radosgw-admin orphans finish`, and
`radosgw-admin orphans list-jobs` -- have been deprecated. They have
not been actively maintained and they store intermediate results on
the cluster, which could fill a nearly-full cluster. They have been
replaced by a tool, currently considered experimental,
* RBD: The name of the rbd pool object that is used to store
rbd trash purge schedule is changed from "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule". Users that have already started using
`rbd trash purge schedule` functionality and have per pool or namespace
schedules configured should copy "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
object to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" before the upgrade and remove
"rbd_trash_purge_schedule" using the following commands in every RBD
pool and namespace where a trash purge schedule was previously
rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] cp rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule rbd_trash_purge_schedule
rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] rm rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule
or use any other convenient way to restore the schedule after the
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-14.2.10.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 7447c15c6ff58d7fce91843b705a268a1917325c
Systems Administrator, RDU