We're glad to announce the availability of the ninth and very likely the
last stable release in the Ceph Mimic stable release series. This
release fixes bugs across all components and also contains a RGW
security fix. We recommend all mimic users to upgrade to this version.
We thank everyone for making this release a possibility.
* CVE-2020-1760: Fixed XSS due to RGW GetObject header-splitting
* The configuration value `osd_calc_pg_upmaps_max_stddev` used for upmap
balancing has been removed. Instead use the mgr balancer config
`upmap_max_deviation` which now is an integer number of PGs of deviation
from the target PGs per OSD. This can be set with a command like
`ceph config set mgr mgr/balancer/upmap_max_deviation 2`. The default
`upmap_max_deviation` is 1. There are situations where crush rules
would not allow a pool to ever have completely balanced PGs. For example, if
crush requires 1 replica on each of 3 racks, but there are fewer OSDs in 1 of
the racks. In those cases, the configuration value can be increased.
* The `cephfs-data-scan scan_links` command now automatically repair inotables
For the full changelog please refer to the official release blog entry
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-13.2.9.tar.gz
* For packages, see
* Release git sha1: 58a2a9b31fd08d8bb3089fce0e312331502ff945
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer