We're happy to announce the 5th backport release in the Pacific series.
We recommend users to update to this release. For a detailed release
notes with links & changelog please refer to the official blog entry at
* `ceph-mgr-modules-core` debian package does not recommend
`ceph-mgr-rook` anymore. As the latter depends on `python3-numpy` which
cannot be imported in different Python sub-interpreters multi-times if
the version of `python3-numpy` is older than 1.19. Since `apt-get`
installs the `Recommends` packages by default, `ceph-mgr-rook` was
always installed along with `ceph-mgr` debian package as an indirect
dependency. If your workflow depends on this behavior, you might want to
install `ceph-mgr-rook` separately.
* mgr/nfs: `nfs` module is moved out of volumes plugin. Prior using the
`ceph nfs` commands, `nfs` mgr module must be enabled.
* volumes/nfs: The `cephfs` cluster type has been removed from the `nfs
cluster create` subcommand. Clusters deployed by cephadm can support an
NFS export of both `rgw` and `cephfs` from a single NFS cluster instance.
* The `nfs cluster update` command has been removed. You can modify the
placement of an existing NFS service (and/or its associated ingress
service) using `orch ls --export` and `orch apply -i ...`.
* The `orch apply nfs` command no longer requires a pool or namespace
argument. We strongly encourage users to use the defaults so that the
`nfs cluster ls` and related commands will work properly.
* The `nfs cluster delete` and `nfs export delete` commands are
deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use `nfs
cluster rm` and `nfs export rm` instead.
* A long-standing bug that prevented 32-bit and 64-bit client/server
interoperability under msgr v2 has been fixed. In particular, mixing
armv7l (armhf) and x86_64 or aarch64 servers in the same cluster now works.
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at https://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-16.2.5.tar.gz
* For packages, see https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 0883bdea7337b95e4b611c768c0279868462204a