we just migrated ceph:teuthology and all tests under qa/ in ceph:ceph
to python3. and from now on, the teuthology-worker runs in a python3
environment by default unless specified otherwise using
- we need to write tests in python3 in master now
- teuthology should be python3 compatible.
- teuthology bug fixes should be backported to "py2" branch.
if you run into any issues related to python3 due to the above
changes, please let me know. and i will try to fix it ASAP.
currently, the tests under qa/ directories in ceph:ceph master branch
are python2 and python3 compatible. but since we've moved to python3,
there is no need to be python2 compatible anymore. since the sepia lab
is still using ubuntu xenial, we cannot use features offered by
python3.6 at this moment yet. but we do plan to upgrade the OS to
bionic soon. before that happens, the tests need to be compatible with
the next step is to
- drop python2 support in ceph:ceph master branch, and
- drop python2 support in ceph:teuthology master.
- backport python3 compatible changes to octopus and nautilus to ease
the pain of backport
Due to rate limiting we're seeing from docker.io and quay.io's downtime
this week, I created a container mirror and a quay registry for our
Sepia lab and CI to use.
Systems Administrator, RDU