Hi Ken There is a lot of interest in getting the Python3/CentOS8 pr in master merged [0], but we can't do that at the moment since the dependencies are missing. As you know, we've been building everything we need in the ceph-el8 copr repo [1], and I would like your take on merging the PR in master while we wait to get packages in EPEL8. This would unblock development in master that can't move forward unless the CentOS8 support is there. I value your guidance here, and I'd like to know if you are OK with this approach, or if you have any other ideas to achieve progress. Thanks! [0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25969 [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ktdreyer/ceph-el8/
Sure, I'm fine with that approach until we can get all the packages into EPEL 8 itself. Justin, how is it going getting those packages into the main EPEL 8 dist-git branches? - Ken On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Alfredo Deza <adeza@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Ken
There is a lot of interest in getting the Python3/CentOS8 pr in master merged [0], but we can't do that at the moment since the dependencies are missing.
As you know, we've been building everything we need in the ceph-el8 copr repo [1], and I would like your take on merging the PR in master while we wait to get packages in EPEL8. This would unblock development in master that can't move forward unless the CentOS8 support is there.
I value your guidance here, and I'd like to know if you are OK with this approach, or if you have any other ideas to achieve progress.
Thanks!
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25969 [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ktdreyer/ceph-el8/
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, Ken Dreyer wrote:
Sure, I'm fine with that approach until we can get all the packages into EPEL 8 itself.
Should we take the latest py3 branch and push it to ceph-ci and see what happens? Probably need to add a patch to qa/distros/centos-latest.yaml or whatever so that we provision centos8 test nodes? Thanks again to everyone working on this... who knew that ditching python 2 would be so hard! sage
Justin, how is it going getting those packages into the main EPEL 8 dist-git branches?
- Ken
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Alfredo Deza <adeza@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Ken
There is a lot of interest in getting the Python3/CentOS8 pr in master merged [0], but we can't do that at the moment since the dependencies are missing.
As you know, we've been building everything we need in the ceph-el8 copr repo [1], and I would like your take on merging the PR in master while we wait to get packages in EPEL8. This would unblock development in master that can't move forward unless the CentOS8 support is there.
I value your guidance here, and I'd like to know if you are OK with this approach, or if you have any other ideas to achieve progress.
Thanks!
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25969 [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ktdreyer/ceph-el8/
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, Ken Dreyer wrote:
Sure, I'm fine with that approach until we can get all the packages into EPEL 8 itself.
Should we take the latest py3 branch and push it to ceph-ci and see what happens? Probably need to add a patch to qa/distros/centos-latest.yaml or whatever so that we provision centos8 test nodes?
I have been pushing that branch to ceph-ci.git : https://shaman.ceph.com/builds/ceph/wip-rm37865/ Not sure what needs to happen there to wire it for tests, can we get some help there?
Thanks again to everyone working on this... who knew that ditching python 2 would be so hard!
sage
Justin, how is it going getting those packages into the main EPEL 8 dist-git branches?
- Ken
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Alfredo Deza <adeza@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Ken
There is a lot of interest in getting the Python3/CentOS8 pr in master merged [0], but we can't do that at the moment since the dependencies are missing.
As you know, we've been building everything we need in the ceph-el8 copr repo [1], and I would like your take on merging the PR in master while we wait to get packages in EPEL8. This would unblock development in master that can't move forward unless the CentOS8 support is there.
I value your guidance here, and I'd like to know if you are OK with this approach, or if you have any other ideas to achieve progress.
Thanks!
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25969 [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ktdreyer/ceph-el8/
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
Justin, how is it going getting those packages into the main EPEL 8 dist-git branches?
- Ken
Right now I'm working on fixing a single test failure for setuptools_scm_git_archive. Once that gets built properly, python-cheroot should build and we'll be done. -- Justin Caratzas He / Him / His Senior Software Engineer Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/> <https://www.redhat.com/>
participants (4)
-
Alfredo Deza
-
Justin Caratzas
-
Ken Dreyer
-
Sage Weil