Sure, I'm fine with that approach until we can get all the packages into EPEL 8 itself. Justin, how is it going getting those packages into the main EPEL 8 dist-git branches? - Ken On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Alfredo Deza <adeza@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Ken
There is a lot of interest in getting the Python3/CentOS8 pr in master merged [0], but we can't do that at the moment since the dependencies are missing.
As you know, we've been building everything we need in the ceph-el8 copr repo [1], and I would like your take on merging the PR in master while we wait to get packages in EPEL8. This would unblock development in master that can't move forward unless the CentOS8 support is there.
I value your guidance here, and I'd like to know if you are OK with this approach, or if you have any other ideas to achieve progress.
Thanks!
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25969 [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ktdreyer/ceph-el8/