Hi Kefu, On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 6:31 PM kefu chai <tchaikov@gmail.com> wrote:
octopus' qa/ is py3 compatible now. so far, all currently maintained LTS branches' qa suites are python3 compatible. no need to pass "--teuthology-branch py2" to teuthology-suite anymore unless some test failure is suspicious.
So I take it we're running all teuthology tests on Octopus with py3, right? Do we need to still maintain python2 compatibility going forward? I just ran into this failure: Traceback (most recent call last): File "../qa/tasks/vstart_runner.py", line 130, in <module> from tasks.cephfs.fuse_mount import FuseMount File "/tmp/tmp.HVEkHktXc3/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gevent/builtins.py", line 96, in __import__ result = _import(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-dashboard-pr-backend/qa/tasks/cephfs/fuse_mount.py", line 15, in <module> from tasks.cephfs.mount import CephFSMount File "/tmp/tmp.HVEkHktXc3/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gevent/builtins.py", line 96, in __import__ result = _import(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/jenkins-build/build/workspace/ceph-dashboard-pr-backend/qa/tasks/cephfs/mount.py", line 201 return self.run_shell(["bash", "-c", Raw(f"'{payload}'")], **kwargs) ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/35759 https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-dashboard-pr-backend/2383/consoleFull#8423... I guess we're still using py2 in jenkins. Does that need changed? -- Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D. He / Him / His Senior Software Engineer Red Hat Sunnyvale, CA GPG: 19F28A586F808C2402351B93C3301A3E258DD79D