Hi Joe, With Josh, Kefu & Nathan's help the minimal c2c test is now in Ceph[0] and runs on CentOS, RHEL & Ubuntu. It will help catch regressions and diagnose them: thanks a lot for your invaluable help in making this happen. The next, more ambitious, step is to run c2c on a Ceph cluster under load and analyze the output of "perf c2c" to figure out if and how cacheline contention can be optimized. Cheers [0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41014/files On 29/04/2021 18:23, Loïc Dachary wrote:
Hi Kefu,
On 29/04/2021 18:14, kefu chai wrote:
Loïc Dachary <loic@dachary.org <mailto:loic@dachary.org>>于2021年4月28日 周三18:12写道:
Hi Nathan,
Josh noticed that one line could be removed[0] from the test script. I did it and repushed[1]. Would you be so kind as to push the change to GitHub?
Loïc and Nathan, when testing the change, I ran into an error like:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/kchai/teuthology/virtualenv/bin/teuthology-suite", line 33, in <module> sys.exit(load_entry_point('teuthology', 'console_scripts', 'teuthology-suite')()) File "/home/kchai/teuthology/scripts/suite.py", line 189, in main return teuthology.suite.main(args) File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/__init__.py", line
143, in main
run.prepare_and_schedule() File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/run.py", line 397, in prepare_and_schedule num_jobs = self.schedule_suite() File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/run.py", line 615, in schedule_suite self.args.newest, job_limit) File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/run.py", line 467, in collect_jobs self.package_versions File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/util.py", line 394, in get_package_versions distro_version=os_version, File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/suite/util.py", line 274, in package_version_for_hash sha1=hash, File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/packaging.py", line 853, in __init__ super(ShamanProject, self).__init__(project, job_config, ctx, remote) File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/packaging.py", line 462, in __init__ self._init_from_config() File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/packaging.py", line 497, in _init_from_config OS.version_codename(self.os_type, self.os_version) File "/home/kchai/teuthology/teuthology/orchestra/opsys.py", line 200, in version_codename (version_or_codename, name)) KeyError: '8.3 not a ubuntu version or codename'
I think the root cause is that the rados/standalone test suite includes it’s own faces for choosing a random distro, and my test happened to pick rhel 8.3 for testing, but the distro name was overridden by the one specified by c2c.yaml. That’s why I had a combination of Ubuntu 8.3. I just took the liberty to push another commit to the pull request in hope to test sooner. If it looks sane to you, could you include it in your commit? Or I can do this with your permission. This is perfect! I had doubts about running this against something other than Ubuntu and was not sure which package to include. You have my permission (and gratitude) to squash the commits together.
Cheers
Thanks for your help!
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41014#pullrequestreview-645521549 <https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41014#pullrequestreview-645521549> [1] https://lab.fedeproxy.eu/ceph/ceph/-/tree/wip-mempool-cacheline-49781 <https://lab.fedeproxy.eu/ceph/ceph/-/tree/wip-mempool-cacheline-49781>
On 25/04/2021 17:10, Loïc Dachary wrote: > Great! Thank you :-) > > On 25/04/2021 10:39, Nathan Cutler wrote: >> On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 11:13:39PM +0200, Loïc Dachary wrote: >>> Thanks for pushing the branch. I amended it a little and the teuthology run now passes[0]. There are still issues, I'm sure, but it's probably good enough for a pull request. Would you be so kind as to create one based on my branch[1] with the following cover? Thanks a again for your help > :-) >> Sure, here you go: >> >> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41014 <https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41014> > > _______________________________________________ > Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> > To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io>
-- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io>
-- Regards Kefu Chai
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre