Thanks for the reply. After some tinkering, I understand that "make-debs.sh" intentionally remove *-dbg package building in normal situations, quote "...and remove -dbg packages because they are large and take time to build", so I comment out those lines: ==== diff --git a/make-debs.sh b/make-debs.sh index 5a7ca1aff5..650940ccf2 100755 --- a/make-debs.sh +++ b/make-debs.sh @@ -46,8 +46,8 @@ tar -C $releasedir -jxf $releasedir/ceph_$vers.orig.tar.bz2 # cp -a debian $releasedir/ceph-$vers/debian cd $releasedir -perl -ni -e 'print if(!(/^Package: .*-dbg$/../^$/))' ceph-$vers/debian/control -perl -pi -e 's/--dbg-package.*//' ceph-$vers/debian/rules +#perl -ni -e 'print if(!(/^Package: .*-dbg$/../^$/))' ceph-$vers/debian/control +#perl -pi -e 's/--dbg-package.*//' ceph-$vers/debian/rules # # always set the debian version to 1 which is ok because the debian # directory is included in the sources and the upstream version will ==== now the script could generate *-dbg*.deb files as expected. Best, Can Zhang On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:47 AM kefu chai <tchaikov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 4:13 PM Can Zhang <can@canx.me> wrote:
Hello,
I use "make-debs.sh" script to build debian packages, but instead of getting *-dbg packages, I get packages like "ceph-base-dbgsym_14.2.7-75-g14b67dbc11-1_amd64.ddeb", which cannot be imported by reprepro, with errors like:
Unknown file type: 'a2e592c703334bc9f55a62f6fac267d8 135503940 debug optional ceph-base-dbgsym_14.2.7-75-g14b67dbc11-1_amd64.ddeb', assuming source format... Warning: File 'ceph-base-dbgsym_14.2.7-75-g14b67dbc11-1_amd64.ddeb' looks like source but does not start with 'ceph_'!
that's a known issue. see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=730572 .
I must have missed something about the package building procedure. What supposed to be the right way to build deb packages?
please read https://wiki.debian.org/AutomaticDebugPackages for more info regarding to ddeb.
i'd suggest search for answers first before shooting the question right to the maling list .
Best, Can Zhang _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Regards Kefu Chai