Hi Nathan, I drafted a c2c standalone teuthology test[0]. Would you be so kind as to push it to GitHub on my behalf so that it builds the corresponding packages? I'm sorry to bother you with this but I don't know if there is another way to build the packages and tell teuthology to get them. Cheers [0] https://lab.fedeproxy.eu/ceph/ceph/-/tree/wip-mempool-cacheline-49781 On 25/03/2021 14:04, Loïc Dachary wrote:
Hi Joe,
Thanks for the comment, it makes perfect sense. I'm eager to work on it but I'll have be patient and wait until next week.
To be continued!
On 25/03/2021 13:40, jmario@redhat.com wrote:
Hi Loïc: One quick comment.
Normally a script with many commands isn't needed to detect cacheline contention. The reason I gave you one is because I know nothing about your environment, the topology, the system, or the load you're running. The many commands in that script should give me enough information such that I don't come back a 2nd time asking you to rerun something because I needed more information.
All it takes is one simple "perf c2c record ..." command to examine cacheline contention. And my goal is to help you see it yourself.
Let me know when you have something. Thank you. Joe _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre