I uploaded the /boot/config-5.10.0-5-amd64 file to dropbox.redhat.com : it looks like perf is compiled in: # # Kernel Performance Events And Counters # CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS=y and all the options below are =y (no =n). Maybe a module should be loaded ? On 04/04/2021 17:54, Loïc Dachary wrote:
On 04/04/2021 17:46, jmario@redhat.com wrote:
Hi Loic: A little more clarification, as I dug in deeper.
I was wrong on the cpu type. It is an Intel cpu. But led me astray was the uname and the /proc/cmdline: uname: Linux enough 5.10.0-5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux /proc/cmdline: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.10.0-5-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/enough--vg-root ro quiet
But looking at the lscpu, I do see it's an Intel cpu. (Sorry for not looking at that first before sent my earlier reply.) I'm relieved. It appears the Debian amd64 kernel does not support the perf events needed for this.
Is it possible for you to run this on a recent CentOS-8 OS version? Is there a simple way to verify that the kernel has support for perf events ? I'd like to try Ubuntu because it's been a while since I installed a CentOS. I also see the system you used is a small, desktop level system with only 4 cpus (2 cores). If you can get a larger server, you should see more contention, which would help with this effort. Yes, once the tests are ready I'll run them on an Intel server with 128 CPU :-) Thanks, Joe _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre