A packed agenda today:
- User + Dev meeting relaunch happening tomorrow!
- dropping CentOS/RHEL 8 and Ubuntu 20.04 for Squid (Casey)
- CentOS 8 -> CentOS 9, Ubuntu 20.04 -> Ubuntu 22.04
- RHEL 8 facet would be dropped without replacement, CephFS team
to take on adding RHEL 9 for testing if need arises
- Debian packages for Reef
- lacking review on https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/53342
- it's a bare minimum change but can't "just" merge because it
may affect Ubuntu packages
- looks like further improvements are being consolidated in
- Sepia user cleanup/expiration policy (Patrick)
- currently ad-hoc, needs to be formally defined
- using an Ansible playbook for this isn't ideal, LDAP anyone?
- can rely on tickets under Infrastructure project more, they should
be scrubbed scrubbed regularly now!
- backport release cadence
- very long gaps (six months from 17.2.5 to 17.2.6, five months
and counting from 17.2.6), folks end up using private builds in
- let's start by defining a 3-4 month cadence: it's still pretty
long but should be realistic, the key is to become predictable
- what resources are needed to reduce that time to ideally 6-8 weeks
- TBD, need Yuri in the room
- Ceph Quarterly to be published on Oct 2 (Zac)