Hi, I'm doing a master's degree in the distributed file system, cephfs in HPC, and I have some questions about the migration subtree to another MDS to balance the MDS cluster. * The Sage Weil Ph.D. thesis and the documentation on the ceph site say that before migrating to balancer MDS, the first step is freezing the subtree and unfreezing it after the migration is complete. Doesn't it affect the performance? Freezing all subtrees until migration. * Can explain why it freezes all subtree operations during migration to another MDS to balance the MDS cluster? * Is It possible to change the migration process to migrate brute INODES and now freeze the subtree to migrate INODES that have modifications during the brute migration? As live virtual machines migrate. Sorry, if my question is so dummy. I'm really trying to understand the subtree migration process to balance MDS. If I'm wrong, can explain the process or indicate where I can find documentation or paper about the subtree migration process. Thanks so much. -- Odair M. Ditkun Jr Research group Center of science computation and open source Master's candidate in Networking and Distributed System — University of state Paraná – Brazil