I have added /var/log/ceph/ceph-volume.log in it https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/46776 Thanks. On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:43 PM Seena Fallah <seenafallah@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure I will do but when I run command with CEPH_VOLUME_DEBUG=true there will be no additional logs. Is this okay? I run: CEPH_VOLUME_DEBUG=true ceph-volume lvm list /dev/sdb
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:39 PM Jan Fajerski <jfajerski@suse.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 04:27:50PM +0430, Seena Fallah wrote:
In ceph-volume result /dev/nvme0n1p1 is for db device and in /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-x/ /dev/nvme1n1p1 is for db device. They are two different nvme partitions! Ah, apologies. Could you please open a ticket on tracker.ceph.com and attach the output and log for a debug run of lvm list: CEPH_VOLUME_DEBUG=true ceph-volume lvm list
Thanks!
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:25 PM Jan Fajerski <[1]jfajerski@suse.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 02:37:26PM +0430, Seena Fallah wrote: > Hi. > I'm seeing a difference between `ceph-volume lvm list` command result > and data linked in `/var/lib/ceph/osd/*` for db path. > Can someone help on this? > ceph-volume lvm list output: > [block] > /dev/ceph-bcce3074-3095-481f-bf89-5bc746bb5b8f/osd-block-0c2f092a-4d 92- > 4b0a-85e6-b65221cff791 > db device /dev/nvme0n1p1 > in /var/lib/ceph/osd: > lrwxrwxrwx 1 ceph ceph 93 Jun 16 03:19 block -> > /dev/ceph-bcce3074-3095-481f-bf89-5bc746bb5b8f/osd-block-0c2f092a-4d 92- > 4b0a-85e6-b65221cff791 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 ceph ceph 14 Jun 16 03:19 block.db -> /dev/nvme1n1p1 What do you expect here? I seem to miss the difference. The OSDs block device is the osd-block-0c2f092a-4d92-224b0a-85e6-b65221cff791 lv and /dev/nvme1n1p1 is used as the db volume. >_______________________________________________ >Dev mailing list -- [2]dev@ceph.io >To unsubscribe send an email to [3]dev-leave@ceph.io -- Jan Fajerski Senior Software Engineer Enterprise Storage SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- [4]dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to [5]dev-leave@ceph.io
References
1. mailto:jfajerski@suse.com 2. mailto:dev@ceph.io 3. mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io 4. mailto:dev@ceph.io 5. mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Jan Fajerski Senior Software Engineer Enterprise Storage SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer