On 05/03/2021 01:51, Josh Durgin wrote:
On 3/4/21 12:34 PM, Loïc Dachary wrote:
Hi,
I'm told help with backports[0] would be welcome. Since I've been out of touch with Ceph for years, it would be a gentle way to reconnect with the codebase. My employer[1] agreed that I spend two days a month contributing on this specific topic. It's not much but I hope it will be enough to get useful things done. That being said... I would not know where to start and I would welcome any advice you may have :-)
Welcome back! Thanks :-)
I don't think the backport process in general has changed much, though the scripts have improved (many thanks to Nathan Cutler!) and some of the docs moved [0].
More volunteers for the backports team would be most welcome. I was thinking of sending out a call for participation - would you like to help with that? Yes. Should I draft something similar to https://marc.info/?l=ceph-devel&m=143841759306127 or did you have something in mind already ?
Josh
[0] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/SubmittingPatches-backports.rst
I'll read that to catch up. -- Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre