Last time I read through the code, there were a limited number of “extra” peerings added to the acting set OSDs too. But it’s a bit unclear what a “connection” means. And if that includes clients.
On Aug 28, 2020, at 12:56 PM, Sam Just <sjust@redhat.com> wrote:
I you're asking about the osd<->osd connection count for a particular osd, it'll be proportional (two hearbeat connections and a cluster connection per pair I think) to the number of osds that osd shares a pg with (num_pgs/num_osds * (pool_size - 1)). -Sam
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 1:38 AM Yin, Congmin <congmin.yin@intel.com> wrote:
Hi ,
I want to know the number of connections in CEPH. I think the connection is mainly OSD connection.
Is the following statement correct?
Each OSD is connected with other OSDs, and there may be more than one connection between two OSDs.
If there is only one connection per OSD, the number of the connection is N(N-1)/2,. If there are k connections per OSD, the number of the connection is kN(N-1)/2.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.
Congmin Yin
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io