Took another look at this: it looks like just removing python3.8 and rebuilding Ceph is all that was needed to fix this. On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:32 AM Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Brad,
Looks like this is because python3.6 is the default on RHEL8 but ceph depends on 3.8:
pdonnell@vossi04 ~/ceph$ find /usr/ -name \*prettytable\* /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prettytable-0.7.2-py3.6.egg-info /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/prettytable.cpython-36.pyc /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/prettytable.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/prettytable.py find: ‘/usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d’: Permission denied /usr/share/licenses/python3-prettytable /usr/share/doc/python3-prettytable find: ‘/usr/share/selinux/targeted/default/active’: Permission denied find: ‘/usr/libexec/initscripts/legacy-actions/auditd’: Permission denied
pdonnell@vossi04 ~/ceph$ head build/bin/ceph #!/usr/bin/python3.8
This RHEL has py3.6 and py3.8 installed. But, the prettytable installed by install-deps.sh is in the python3.6 site-packages. I wonder how we normally get around this?
On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 4:36 PM Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@redhat.com> wrote:
Hey Patrick,
I tried to reproduce this but couldn't but my process may give you something to compare to so you can work out what is different in your environment?
Following is the specifics of what I did.
I used this image.
$ podman images --digests registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8 REPOSITORY TAG DIGEST IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8 latest sha256:aec01a874399c3a3c31033b35761b28aef605504ade888f98f637442cc56b5c0 4199acc83c6a 7 weeks ago 213 MB
Needed this patch to enable a repo in container mode (I'll create a PR once I do some more testing).
diff --git a/install-deps.sh b/install-deps.sh index a5e19998f1..368fea017d 100755 --- a/install-deps.sh +++ b/install-deps.sh @@ -363,7 +363,7 @@ else $SUDO dnf config-manager --add-repo http://apt-mirror.front.sepia.ceph.com/lab-extras/8/ $SUDO dnf config-manager --setopt=apt-mirror.front.sepia.ceph.com_lab-extras_8_.gpgcheck=0 --save elif test $ID = rhel -a $MAJOR_VERSION = 8 ; then - $SUDO subscription-manager repos --enable "codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-${ARCH}-rpms" + $SUDO dnf config-manager --set-enabled "codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-${ARCH}-rpms" $SUDO dnf config-manager --add-repo http://apt-mirror.front.sepia.ceph.com/lab-extras/8/ $SUDO dnf config-manager --setopt=apt-mirror.front.sepia.ceph.com_lab-extras_8_.gpgcheck=0 --save fi
# dnf -y install git
Clone the ceph repo and patch and run install-deps.sh and do_cmake.sh.
# ninja -j8 vstart-base # MON=1 MDS=0 MGR=1 OSD=3 ../src/vstart.sh --memstore -n -x -l -d --without-dashboard # bin/ceph -s *** DEVELOPER MODE: setting PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH *** 2021-04-02T23:14:05.232+0000 7f3571593700 -1 WARNING: all dangerous and experimental features are enabled. 2021-04-02T23:14:05.244+0000 7f3571593700 -1 WARNING: all dangerous and experimental features are enabled. cluster: id: cd13c7aa-ef6f-4416-a624-d3c082ebaec9 health: HEALTH_WARN 3 mgr modules have failed dependencies ...
HTH you to track it down mate and let me know if I can help.
On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 3:39 AM Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@redhat.com> wrote:
I had a clean install done on my dev machine (RHEL 8.3) which required me to reinstall dependencies for Ceph. I'm getting this error when setting up a vstart cluster:
import prettytable
pdonnell@vossi04 ~/ceph/build$ bin/ceph status *** DEVELOPER MODE: setting PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH *** Traceback (most recent call last): File "bin/ceph", line 153, in <module> from ceph_daemon import admin_socket, DaemonWatcher, Termsize File "/home/pdonnell/ceph/src/pybind/ceph_daemon.py", line 24, in <module> from prettytable import PrettyTable, HEADER ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'prettytable' pdonnell@vossi04 ~/ceph/build$ python3 Python 3.6.8 (default, Aug 18 2020, 08:33:21) [GCC 8.3.1 20191121 (Red Hat 8.3.1-5)] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. pdonnell@vossi04 ~/ceph/build$ python2 bash: python2: command not found
The module is available but bin/ceph is claiming not to find it. Anyone know what's going on? (I did do install-deps.sh without issue before running vstart.sh)
-- Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D. He / Him / His Principal Software Engineer Red Hat Sunnyvale, CA GPG: 19F28A586F808C2402351B93C3301A3E258DD79D _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Cheers, Brad
-- Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D. He / Him / His Principal Software Engineer Red Hat Sunnyvale, CA GPG: 19F28A586F808C2402351B93C3301A3E258DD79D
-- Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D. He / Him / His Principal Software Engineer Red Hat Sunnyvale, CA GPG: 19F28A586F808C2402351B93C3301A3E258DD79D