hi chai, My problem is: If I use gcc4.8.5 in centos7, every thing is ok, librados works well; but, If I use gcc5.4.0 in centos7, and link error show up: unresolved librados::IoCtx::xx etc...; So I try to recompile my project with -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0, every thing goes ok again. So I conclusion it may because of librados.so is not compiled by gcc5 or higher. ===========my need: Since -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 is not good, Can ceph just provide a version of : librados-devel, which I can just yum install, and compile without add ABI =0 to my project?? ==========my dev info: librados-devel.x86_64 2:13.2.6-0.el7 centos7 gcc5.4.0 best regards, lyn ------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------ 发件人: "kchai"<kchai@redhat.com>; 发送时间: 2019年6月4日(星期二) 晚上10:04 收件人: "安安静静"<2741248158@qq.com>;"dev"<dev@ceph.io>; 主题: Re: librados gcc problem + dev@ceph.io On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM 安安静静 <2741248158@qq.com> wrote:
Hi chai,
When I : yum install librados2-devel All librados2-devel versions are build by gcc 4.9 or older,
lyn, before starting the discussion, i'd like have more context: where is the librados2-devel package downloaded from? and what is the version ? i guess you are referencing the librados2-devel packages from http://download.ceph.com, and it is built for CentOS7 . i am not sure how you went to the conclusion that we build ceph using GCC 4.9. actually, we are using GCC-8 for building Ceph in master.
but most c++ project uses gcc5.0 or higher,
good to learn. and quotation needed.
this make me have to change all other c++ sources rebuild with : -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0
see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/dev/cxx/.
this is realy confused me,
Can ceph provide a version of librados2-devel build by gcc5.0 or higher?
best regards,
lyn