Hi, Interesting. AFAIK the rbytes tracking happens on the MDS side but I’ll look into it. Btw, just so you know, I did include a few unrelated fixes in the latest MSI. Regards, Lucian From: Jake Grimmett<mailto:jog@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 1:55 PM To: Lucian Petrut<mailto:lpetrut@cloudbasesolutions.com>; dev@ceph.io<mailto:dev@ceph.io> Subject: Re: Windows port Hi Lucian Driver is excellent, however I'm not seeing cephfs recursive dir stats being updated. For example, 24 hours after copying 16TB to cephfs: # ls -lh drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1.9T Mar 2 14:47 testauthdir # ls -lR testauthdir >/dev/null # ls -lh drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16TB Mar 5 11:38 testauthdir In earlier tests I think recursive dir stats was working, though it might be related to us upgrading ceph from Nautilus to Octopus (which we did to try and stop the earlier crashes) Our current ceph version is 15.2.8 We use recursive stats to efficiently replicate the filesystem to a second cephfs cluster; it's a very useful feature. The new cephfs-mirror tool in Pacific might rely on this feature too. thanks again for your work on this :) Jake On 3/2/21 12:38 PM, Lucian Petrut wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for providing valuable feedback. Please let us know if anything else comes up.
Regards,
Lucian
Note: I am working from home until further notice. For help, contact unixadmin@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk -- Dr Jake Grimmett Head Of Scientific Computing MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK. Phone 01223 267019 Mobile 0776 9886539