On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:39 PM kyr <kshatskyy@suse.de> wrote:
I hope the nathans fix can probably do the thing, however it does not cover the the log referenced in the description of https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/42313 because teuthology worker does not include that fix which is supposed to be cause for "No space left on device" issue.
I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I think one of these addresses your statement? 1) we were creating very small OSDs on the root device since the partitions weren't being mounted, and so these jobs actually filled them up as a consequence of that. 2) most of the teuthology repo is pulled fresh from master on every run. The workers themselves require restarting to get updates but that's pretty rare. (See https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/blob/master/teuthology/worker.py#L82)
Can some one give one-job teuthology-suite command that 100% reproducing the issue?
Kyrylo Shatskyy -- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nuremberg Germany
On Oct 16, 2019, at 11:14 PM, Nathan Cutler <ncutler@suse.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:43:32PM -0700, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:24 PM David Galloway <dgallowa@redhat.com> wrote:
Yuri just reminded me that he's seeing this problem on the mimic branch.
Does that mean this PR just needs to be backported to all branches?
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/30792
I'd be surprised if that one (changing iteritems() to items()) could cause this, and it's not a fix for any known bugs, just ongoing py3 work.
When I said "that commit" I was referring to https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/commit/41a13eca480e38cfeeba7a180b4516b905..., which is in the teuthology repo and thus hits every test run. Looking at the comments across https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/pull/1332 and https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/42313 it sounds like that teuthology commit accidentally fixed a bug which triggered another bug that we're not sure how to resolve, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding?
I think I understand what's going on. Here's an interim fix: https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/pull/1334
Assuming this PR really does fix the issue, the "real" fix will be to drop get_wwn_id_map altogether, since it has long outlived its usefulness ( see https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14855 ).
Nathan _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io