Hi Sage,
I can provide some estimates and general guidance.
Thanks, this is really helpful!
First, the test suites are currently targetted to run on 'smithi' nodes, which are relatively low-powered x86 1u machines with a single NVMe divided into 4 scratch LVs (+ an HDD for boot + logs). (This is somewhat arbitrary--it's just the hardware we picked so the tests are written to target that.)
What's the size of those LVs? Do the tests require a particular minimum size?
I've been telling the aarch64 folks that we probably want at least 25-50 similarly-sized nodes in order to run the test suites in a reasonable amount of time (e.g., minimal rados suite ~day and not days).
I'm not really sure how this maps on the Z hardware, but hopefully this provides some guidance!
Yes, it does! We'll certainly have to tune this is a bit depending on how everything performs on Z hardware, but this gives us a starting point. Bye, Ulrich