We do have the version-added directive in sphinx to help with this sort of indicator, but it is harder to maintain - I just removed some referencing cuttlefish last week!
On this subject, I was reading https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/multisite/ says "New in version Jewel." and there's six references to "Kraken".
Are we good with cleaning up all references to EOL versions? The docs could simply describe the current behavior and avoid mentioning releases that are not active (defined on https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/)
- Ken
I get where you’re coming from. Tealistically there are a significant number of people who are — for various reasons — running older releases, and we should not abandon them. Sure, one can to a certain extent select an older release by editing the URL, but this isn’t ubiquitously known. At a recent employer I inherited 15 or so Infernalis clusters. Sometimes upgrading or replacing is feasible, sometimes it isn’t, so from personal experience I favor being sensitive to existing production installations. Granted, over time that might get unwieldy, and if something mentions “The new Kraken release” that can and should be freshened; I made a few updates to that end last year. — aad