I found some mailing list archive links from my notes to throw "Page not
found" errors, e.g.
Looking around in the archive web interface, it appears only some of the
most recent threads are found, everything else says "no email threads
could be found for this month".
Could somebody please look into this?
Hello. I really screwed up my ceph cluster. Hoping to get data off it
so I can rebuild it.
In summary, too many changes too quickly caused the cluster to develop
incomplete pgs. Some PGS were reporting that OSDs were to be probes.
I've created those OSD IDs (empty), however this wouldn't clear
incompletes. Incompletes are part of EC pools. Running 17.2.5.
This is the overall state:
Failed to apply 1 service(s): osd.dashboard-admin-1669078094056
1 hosts fail cephadm check
cephadm background work is paused
Reduced data availability: 28 pgs inactive, 28 pgs incomplete
Degraded data redundancy: 55 pgs undersized
2 slow ops, oldest one blocked for 4449 sec, daemons
[osd.25,osd.50,osd.51] have slow ops.
These are PGs that are incomplete that HAVE DATA (Objects > 0) [ via ceph
pg ls incomplete ]:
2.35 23199 0 0 0 95980273664 0
0 2477 incomplete 10s 2104'46277 28260:686871
14 queued for deep scrub
2.53 22821 0 0 0 94401175552 0
0 2745 remapped+incomplete 10s 2104'45845 28260:565267
408 queued for scrub
2.9f 22858 0 0 0 94555983872 0
0 2736 remapped+incomplete 10s 2104'45636 28260:759872
376 queued for scrub
2.be 22870 0 0 0 94429110272 0
0 2661 remapped+incomplete 10s 2104'45561 28260:813759
360 queued for scrub
2.e4 22953 0 0 0 94912278528 0
0 2648 remapped+incomplete 20m 2104'46048 28259:732896
18 queued for deep scrub
17.78 20169 0 0 0 84517834400 0
0 2198 remapped+incomplete 10s 3735'53405 28260:1243673
348 queued for scrub
17.d8 20328 0 0 0 85196053130 0
0 1852 remapped+incomplete 10s 3735'54458 28260:1309564
21 queued for deep scrub
At present I'm unable to reliably access my data due to incomplete pages
above. I'll post whatever outputs requested (won't post now as it can be
rather verbose). Is there hope?
The Quincy documentation shows that we could set the Prometheus
retention_time within a service specification:
When trying this "ceph orch apply" only shows:
Error EINVAL: ServiceSpec: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument
It looks like release 17.2.5 does not contain this code yet.
Why is the content of the documentation already online when
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47943 has not been released yet?
Heinlein Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting
Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein -- Sitz: Berlin
On Wednesday, January 4, 2023 10:35:56 AM EST John Zachary Dover wrote:
> Do you use the header navigation bar on docs.ceph.com? See the attached
> file (sticky_header.png) if you are unsure of what "header navigation bar"
> means. In the attached file, the header navigation bar is indicated by
> means of two large, ugly, red-and-green arrows.
> *Cards on the Table*
> The navigation bar is the kind of thing that is sometimes referred to as a
> "sticky header", and it can get in the way of linked-to sections. I would
> like to remove this header bar. If there is community support for the
> header bar, though, I won't remove it.
> *What is Zac Complaining About?*
> Follow this procedure to see the behavior that has provoked my complaint:
> 1. Go to https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/glossary/
> 2. Scroll down to the "Ceph Cluster Map" entry.
> 3. Click the "Cluster Map" link in the line that reads "See Cluster Map".
> 4. Notice that the header navigation bar obscures the headword "Cluster
> If you have any opinion at all on this matter, voice it. Please.
FWIW I am not able to reproduce the problem you are describing. In all cases
the thin blue-green bar appeared above the term with the selected anchor
I tried Firefox (108, Linux), Chromium (107, Linux) and for giggles Firefox on
Android. In all cases things looked fine to me and the selected term was not
hidden by that nav bar. I share because I was surprised by the result given
that others on the list seem to see the problem. But I also don't see what I
would describe as "two large, ugly, red-and-green arrows." Perhaps the page
is rendering differently for some people and we don't hit the issue in that
PS. I also didn't see the png file in question. Perhaps this list strips