Huge Amount of Spam via dev@ceph.io
Hi, any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed? A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea. chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn Thanks a lot. Best wishes Holger -- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 247165 (AG München)
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through. Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it. On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
Suprised it wasn’t already on. Suggest that at the same time: * Lower the maximum message size to deter people from quoting hundreds of lines when replying. This makes for an annoying experience when trying to read through a 71 message, thousands-of-lines-long digest to find the next message. * Lower the max digest size (see above) to at most 20 messages.
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through.
Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it.
On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:41 AM David Galloway <dgallowa@redhat.com> wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through.
Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it.
Can we easily get any statistics on how many non-members legitimately post to the list? It's probably more acceptable now that we've separated from the kernel list ceph-devel@vger, where it's common practice to CC people/lists when you touch their components. But I think we also got complaints from the Debian people about it. (Perhaps that's okay since I think they now route to maintainers@ and that can stay open.) -Greg
On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
Hi David, On 03.10.19 18:40, David Galloway wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through.
Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it.
I have not seen anyone strong opposing. So I'm proposing to do that change. So far I'm still seeing spam messages coming in. Best wishes Holger
On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
-- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)
On 10/15/19 4:51 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi David,
On 03.10.19 18:40, David Galloway wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through.
Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it.
I have not seen anyone strong opposing. So I'm proposing to do that change. So far I'm still seeing spam messages coming in.
Done!
Best wishes Holger
On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
Hi David, On 16.10.19 16:39, David Galloway wrote:
On 10/15/19 4:51 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
On 03.10.19 18:40, David Galloway wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry about all the spam. I do my best to download these messages and train the SpamAssassin filter but many still get through.
Is there strong opposition to preventing non-members from posting to the list? It seems pretty standard practice to require subscription to a list in order to post to it.
I have not seen anyone strong opposing. So I'm proposing to do that change. So far I'm still seeing spam messages coming in.
Done!
Thanks a lot. Best wishes Holger
On 10/1/19 5:38 AM, Holger Sickenberg wrote:
Hi,
any chance configuration of dev@ceph.io can be changed in a way that the mailing list is not been spammed?
A quick search of mails in September showed my a list of addresses where most of the have sent spam mails several times. It might make sense to unsubscribe and block them. Hand-selecting all subscribers from domain @126.com in future might also be a good idea.
chezhiting70437@126.com feijuwei714@126.com MarilynnGardemalGWJ@yahoo.com kuanshaodui658@126.com lianglu769@126.com liangzhun70@126.com liaojie8206855@126.com rongsha66178@126.com shaozhuo1368@126.com sizhaogou8020114@126.com tulian17573320@126.com yizi5159030833@126.com zhanhuang669@126.com zhongji818027255@126.com wadeyuy@foxmail.com harry879y@foxmail.com info@vixech.info xinyuezhang@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes Holger
-- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)
participants (4)
-
Anthony D'Atri
-
David Galloway
-
Gregory Farnum
-
Holger Sickenberg