directory fragments and stray directories
How do I find the number of directory fragments and possibly their contents ? How do I find the number of stray directories being created and possibly their contents ? Are there any commands that help get answers to the above questions? -- Milind
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Milind Changire <mchangir@redhat.com> wrote:
How do I find the number of directory fragments and possibly their contents ?
You would want to look at fragtree_t and InodeStoreBase::dirfragtree. Getting the contents of a directory fragment involves actually loading it into cache as a CDir. Look in CInode::get_or_open_dirfrag.
How do I find the number of stray directories being created and possibly their contents ?
Every rank has 10 stray directories. See MDCache::strays;
Are there any commands that help get answers to the above questions?
You can view some of this information by dumping the MDS cache using the asok commands. -- Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D. He / Him / His Senior Software Engineer Red Hat Sunnyvale, CA GPG: 19F28A586F808C2402351B93C3301A3E258DD79D
participants (2)
-
Milind Changire
-
Patrick Donnelly