cephadm: RGW migration from empty realm
moved to dev@ceph.io Hi RGW experts, As cephadm doesn't support an empty realm right now, we need to find a solution. Right now, I can see two ways forward for users to migrate to cephadm: 1. add the possibility to create a cephadm services without realm 2. provide a documented way to migrate existing zones without realm What do you prefer? Best, Sebastian Am 02.06.20 um 19:34 schrieb Andy Goldschmidt:
Hi I am trying to upgrade from Mimic (13.2.10) to Octopus (15.x). Im also tryin to sue cephadm and am following this guide.https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephadm/adoption/
It was all going fine until step 11 and deploying the new RGW's. I don't have any realms set for my cluster, so how do I do it? This is also a single site cluster. # radosgw-admin realm list{ "default_info": "", "realms": []} # radosgw-admin zone list{ "default_info": "a15e2aec-a0da-4cad-a1bd-f448f25bbe3d", "zones": [ "default" ]}
The step below is what I don't know what to do, as it says I need to specify the realm.
11. Redeploy RGW daemons. Cephadm manages RGW daemons by zone. For each zone, deploy new RGW daemons with cephadm: # ceph orch apply rgw <realm> <zone> <placement> [--port <port>] [--ssl] my ceph.conf has this in it about the rgw's[client.rgw.ceph-mgmt0]host = ceph-mgmt0keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt0/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt0.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.40:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com [client.rgw.ceph-mgmt1]host = ceph-mgmt1keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt1/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt1.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.41:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com [client.rgw.ceph-mgmt2]host = ceph-mgmt2keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt2/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt2.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.42:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com RegardsAndy _______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
-- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg). Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer
On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 5:27 AM Sebastian Wagner <swagner@suse.com> wrote:
moved to dev@ceph.io
Hi RGW experts,
As cephadm doesn't support an empty realm right now, we need to find a solution.
Right now, I can see two ways forward for users to migrate to cephadm:
1. add the possibility to create a cephadm services without realm 2. provide a documented way to migrate existing zones without realm
see https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/multisite/#migrating-a-single-site...
What do you prefer?
Best, Sebastian
Am 02.06.20 um 19:34 schrieb Andy Goldschmidt:
Hi I am trying to upgrade from Mimic (13.2.10) to Octopus (15.x). Im also tryin to sue cephadm and am following this guide.https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephadm/adoption/
It was all going fine until step 11 and deploying the new RGW's. I don't have any realms set for my cluster, so how do I do it? This is also a single site cluster. # radosgw-admin realm list{ "default_info": "", "realms": []} # radosgw-admin zone list{ "default_info": "a15e2aec-a0da-4cad-a1bd-f448f25bbe3d", "zones": [ "default" ]}
The step below is what I don't know what to do, as it says I need to specify the realm.
11. Redeploy RGW daemons. Cephadm manages RGW daemons by zone. For each zone, deploy new RGW daemons with cephadm: # ceph orch apply rgw <realm> <zone> <placement> [--port <port>] [--ssl] my ceph.conf has this in it about the rgw's[client.rgw.ceph-mgmt0]host = ceph-mgmt0keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt0/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt0.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.40:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com [client.rgw.ceph-mgmt1]host = ceph-mgmt1keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt1/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt1.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.41:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com [client.rgw.ceph-mgmt2]host = ceph-mgmt2keyring = /var/lib/ceph/radosgw/ceph-rgw.ceph-mgmt2/keyringlog file = /var/log/ceph/ceph-rgw-ceph-mgmt2.logrgw frontends = civetweb port=10.92.135.42:8080 num_threads=100rgw dns name = library.xxxxx.com RegardsAndy _______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
-- SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg). Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
participants (2)
-
Casey Bodley
-
Sebastian Wagner