stupid question about support WIN32
Hi all, I have one stupid question: Why does Ceph support build under WIN32? Could Ceph also run in Windows? Any market requirement? B.R. Changcheng
On 10-6-2020 03:43, Liu, Changcheng wrote:
Hi all, I have one stupid question: Why does Ceph support build under WIN32? Could Ceph also run in Windows? Any market requirement? Because somebody has an interest to use Ceph clients on Windows AND wants to do the hard time that comes with it.
Why not? --WjW
On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
On 10-6-2020 03:43, Liu, Changcheng wrote:
Hi all, I have one stupid question: Why does Ceph support build under WIN32? Could Ceph also run in Windows? Any market requirement? Because somebody has an interest to use Ceph clients on Windows AND wants to do the hard time that comes with it.
Why not?
The initial use-case is for a native RBD block device driver in Windows (via the NBD protocol and an rbd-nbd service on the host).
--WjW _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Jason
On 10-6-2020 16:26, Jason Dillaman wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
On 10-6-2020 03:43, Liu, Changcheng wrote:
Hi all, I have one stupid question: Why does Ceph support build under WIN32? Could Ceph also run in Windows? Any market requirement? Because somebody has an interest to use Ceph clients on Windows AND wants to do the hard time that comes with it.
Why not? The initial use-case is for a native RBD block device driver in Windows (via the NBD protocol and an rbd-nbd service on the host).
This is the exact reason I started the FreeBSD port. Currently there is even code to use RBD as a plugin device in bhyve, the FreeBSD virtualisation tool --WjW
participants (3)
-
Jason Dillaman
-
Liu, Changcheng
-
Willem Jan Withagen