Highlights from this week:
* Ceph User Survey '21: Dashboard analysis
* Some responses looked contradictory (responding not using the
dashboard and then reporting a 5/5 rating)
* Would you recommend dashboard?
- average 6.75
- median 8
* Does the dashboard allow you to perform tasks faster than cli?
- No 52
- Yes 48
* What's most used in the dashboard
- landing page
- iscsi and NFS least used
- RBD > Cephfs consistent Ceph-wise usage
- RGW should rank higher than cephfs 62% vs 54%
* Detractors still use the landing page, cluster logs, mon status, and
* Dashboard user Profiles
- Haven't used the dashboard yet
- Older versions of Ceph Dashboard
- Documentation issues?
- Getting started doc refers to the CLI
- Performance concerns?
* monitoring only
- Read-only mode
- Fear of breaking things?
* CLI junkies
- Claim: "CLI is faster, easy to remember and scriptable
- Dashboard provides bulk ops and multi-step workflows
- API recorder in OpenAttic:
- Dashboard maps 1:1 to Ceph CLI
* other mgmt tools
- Using Ceph-ansible, Puppet, Rook
- Focus efforts on the landing page and cluster logs
- Increase inline docs and contextual helpers
- Add support for bulk ops
- Rest API recorder: generate a script from UI actions
- Publicize dashboard in Ceph blog, tech talks.
* Ceph.io website updates
- The working group's ideal launch date is June 24th
- Content needed for pages
* Market Development Working Group
- The group would like to be more connected with the CLT on the
roadmap for releases.
- they meet once a month.
- they're interested in roadmaps, blog posts,
- Mike: send out pad for gathering high level features/improvements
in Quincy roadmap
* NFS questions on dev@ need answers...
- ganesha and dir_chunk=0 - problematic for RGW exports
* GSOC onboarding / collaboration
- ali to organize
octopus: subinterpreters again
- Planned to be discussed at the next CDM