Hi Cephers, What is the tracing tool used normally to trace the internal latency for each function and locks in Ceph? I’m trying to trace the whole path for each object. Perf counter works for me, but I want to have a secondary tool to help me verify my observations. Please advice. Thank, Yiming
Hi Yiming, Several folks have previously used LTTNG tracepoints with some success. Also, I find that wallclock profiling can be a good option as it doesn't require specific tracepoints and can give you a decent "high level" view of where time is being spent, including time spent contending on locks. Thanks, Mark On 4/24/20 2:09 PM, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Cephers,
What is the tracing tool used normally to trace the internal latency for each function and locks in Ceph? I’m trying to trace the whole path for each object. Perf counter works for me, but I want to have a secondary tool to help me verify my observations.
Please advice.
Thank, Yiming _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
participants (2)
-
Mark Nelson
-
Yiming Zhang