Test Work coordination/revitalizing the Testing Weekly
Hi all, About a year ago I started a weekly meeting focused on Ceph testing: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MmxkMWZubzg2Zzg0a3VjaDJocGU4O... It meets every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time and has mostly focused on teuthology and the qa suites. We've gotten some nice stuff done through the meeting around teuthology and getting the Suse fork merged into upstream, but things have mostly stalled out since then. I know lots of other things are happening outside of that meeting, but I haven't advertised it in a while and several people were or would be involved have time conflicts. So I'd like to see if there are other times that are good for people to meet to try and coordinate some of those efforts more broadly, or if there are other meetings we should piggy-back off of and expand to try and get a broader and more stable audience. Things I know about: * downgrade testing (Josh and Yuri?) * several efforts around Kubernetes * getting openSUSE into the upstream test matrix * Building and testing containers (Dan+) I've added some people I know are working on things or whose input would be appreciated by others on the list, so please discuss! :) -Greg
Adding Travis and Blaine Am 09.09.19 um 23:37 schrieb Gregory Farnum:
Hi all,
About a year ago I started a weekly meeting focused on Ceph testing: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MmxkMWZubzg2Zzg0a3VjaDJocGU4O...
It meets every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time and has mostly focused on teuthology and the qa suites. We've gotten some nice stuff done through the meeting around teuthology and getting the Suse fork merged into upstream, but things have mostly stalled out since then. I know lots of other things are happening outside of that meeting, but I haven't advertised it in a while and several people were or would be involved have time conflicts.
So I'd like to see if there are other times that are good for people to meet to try and coordinate some of those efforts more broadly, or if there are other meetings we should piggy-back off of and expand to try and get a broader and more stable audience. Things I know about: * downgrade testing (Josh and Yuri?) * several efforts around Kubernetes
I know that several people are working independently of each other on this. +1 for having a forum to discuss things. I would certainly be interested in contributing some orchestrator related tests, if we can include Dan's new containers.
* getting openSUSE into the upstream test matrix * Building and testing containers (Dan+)
I've added some people I know are working on things or whose input would be appreciated by others on the list, so please discuss! :) -Greg _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Let's see, if we can find a better schedule. I've created a doodle: https://doodle.com/poll/huht9trctzmw65yc feel free to add yourself. Don't look at the dates. This is a *weekly* meeting. Best, Sebastian Am 09.09.19 um 23:37 schrieb Gregory Farnum:
Hi all,
About a year ago I started a weekly meeting focused on Ceph testing: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MmxkMWZubzg2Zzg0a3VjaDJocGU4O...
It meets every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time and has mostly focused on teuthology and the qa suites. We've gotten some nice stuff done through the meeting around teuthology and getting the Suse fork merged into upstream, but things have mostly stalled out since then. I know lots of other things are happening outside of that meeting, but I haven't advertised it in a while and several people were or would be involved have time conflicts.
So I'd like to see if there are other times that are good for people to meet to try and coordinate some of those efforts more broadly, or if there are other meetings we should piggy-back off of and expand to try and get a broader and more stable audience. Things I know about: * downgrade testing (Josh and Yuri?) * several efforts around Kubernetes * getting openSUSE into the upstream test matrix * Building and testing containers (Dan+)
I've added some people I know are working on things or whose input would be appreciated by others on the list, so please discuss! :) -Greg _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
All, sorry for the late info! We came up with a new date for the Testing Weekly:
Tuesdays at 08:00 pacific time starting today.> https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5368361,2800866,281184&h=5368361&date=2019-10-22&sln=8-9
Keep in mind that this event uses the US daylight saving time. I hope that's OK for everyone. Best, Sebastian Am 26.09.19 um 14:02 schrieb Sebastian Wagner:
Let's see, if we can find a better schedule. I've created a doodle:
https://doodle.com/poll/huht9trctzmw65yc
feel free to add yourself. Don't look at the dates. This is a *weekly* meeting.
Best, Sebastian
Am 09.09.19 um 23:37 schrieb Gregory Farnum:
Hi all,
About a year ago I started a weekly meeting focused on Ceph testing: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MmxkMWZubzg2Zzg0a3VjaDJocGU4O...
It meets every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time and has mostly focused on teuthology and the qa suites. We've gotten some nice stuff done through the meeting around teuthology and getting the Suse fork merged into upstream, but things have mostly stalled out since then. I know lots of other things are happening outside of that meeting, but I haven't advertised it in a while and several people were or would be involved have time conflicts.
So I'd like to see if there are other times that are good for people to meet to try and coordinate some of those efforts more broadly, or if there are other meetings we should piggy-back off of and expand to try and get a broader and more stable audience. Things I know about: * downgrade testing (Josh and Yuri?) * several efforts around Kubernetes * getting openSUSE into the upstream test matrix * Building and testing containers (Dan+)
I've added some people I know are working on things or whose input would be appreciated by others on the list, so please discuss! :) -Greg _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
participants (2)
-
Gregory Farnum
-
Sebastian Wagner