Developer Mode......
Hi, *PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ....still waiting for the reply !* I am using Ceph developer mode in my virtual machine. I have Ceph in my */home/user. *I have clone the repository. Then downloaded the build code dependencies using* ./install-deps.sh* . Then compiled and buld. I start in developer mode with *make vstart *and* MDS=0 RGW=1 ../src/vstart.sh -d -l -n --bluestore. *Works all fine ! I can write a test data to the cluster. The problem is, my home disk space utilization is increasing. What could be the problem? Is it the cluster in developer mode taking up the home space? Are there some logs being generated? Please Looking for help /suggestions Bobby
On 4/22/2020 10:47 AM, Bobby wrote:
Hi,
*PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ....still waiting for the reply !* * * I am using Ceph developer mode in my virtual machine. I have Ceph in my */home/user. *I have clone the repository. Then downloaded the build code dependencies using* ./install-deps.sh* . Then compiled and buld. I start in developer mode with *make vstart *and* MDS=0 RGW=1 ../src/vstart.sh -d -l -n --bluestore. *Works all fine ! I can write a test data to the cluster.
The problem is, my home disk space utilization is increasing. What could be the problem? Is it the cluster in developer mode taking up the home space? Are there some logs being generated?
Yes, there are logs being generated.
Please Looking for help /suggestions
Bobby
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
Thanks a lot Dan ! Finally someone replied :-)...... Dan can you please tell me where exactly the logs are being generated? What solution do you recommend? Please excuse my naive questions.......I am very new to Ceph ! On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:00 PM Dan Mick <dmick@redhat.com> wrote:
On 4/22/2020 10:47 AM, Bobby wrote:
Hi,
*PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ....still waiting for the reply !* * * I am using Ceph developer mode in my virtual machine. I have Ceph in my */home/user. *I have clone the repository. Then downloaded the build code dependencies using* ./install-deps.sh* . Then compiled and buld. I start in developer mode with *make vstart *and* MDS=0 RGW=1 ../src/vstart.sh -d -l -n --bluestore. *Works all fine ! I can write a test data to the cluster.
The problem is, my home disk space utilization is increasing. What could be the problem? Is it the cluster in developer mode taking up the home space? Are there some logs being generated?
Yes, there are logs being generated.
Please Looking for help /suggestions
Bobby
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
On 4/22/2020 11:09 AM, Bobby wrote:
Thanks a lot Dan ! Finally someone replied :-)......
Not good to expect too much from unpaid volunteer-time support. Also, this is the mailing list for discussing development on ceph; user-oriented questions are more suited to ceph-users@ceph.io.
Dan can you please tell me where exactly the logs are being generated?
Take a look at the ceph.conf file that vstart generated; it'll have explicit log paths configured there.
What solution do you recommend? Please excuse my naive questions.......I am very new to Ceph !
What do you mean by "solution"? Ceph generates logs as it runs. You can tweak the log level to change the amount, but it's a consequence of long-running distributed storage software that you must live with and manage. Where you are, perhaps the best answer is "don't leave a vstart cluster up and running while you're not using it, and purge the dev/ and out/ directories once you're finished."
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:00 PM Dan Mick <dmick@redhat.com <mailto:dmick@redhat.com>> wrote:
On 4/22/2020 10:47 AM, Bobby wrote: > > Hi, > > *PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ....still waiting for the reply !* > * > * > I am using Ceph developer mode in my virtual machine. I have Ceph in my > */home/user. *I have clone the repository. Then downloaded the build > code dependencies using* ./install-deps.sh* . Then compiled and buld. > I start in developer mode with *make vstart *and* MDS=0 RGW=1 > ../src/vstart.sh -d -l -n --bluestore. *Works all fine ! I can write a > test data to the cluster. > > The problem is, my home disk space utilization is increasing. What > could be the problem? Is it the cluster in developer mode taking up the > home space? Are there some logs being generated?
Yes, there are logs being generated.
> Please Looking for help /suggestions > > Bobby > > _______________________________________________ > Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> > To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io> > _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io>
On 4/22/2020 11:09 AM, Bobby wrote:
Thanks a lot Dan ! Finally someone replied :-)......
Not good to expect too much from unpaid volunteer-time support. Also,
Dan you're great!! thanks a lot...I got all my answers... And I agree, I should have taken it into consideration that it is after all an unpaid volunteer-time support mailing list.... Will be careful next time! Bobby!! On Wednesday, April 22, 2020, Dan Mick <dmick@redhat.com> wrote: this is
the mailing list for discussing development on ceph; user-oriented questions are more suited to ceph-users@ceph.io.
Dan can you please tell me where exactly the logs are being generated?
Take a look at the ceph.conf file that vstart generated; it'll have explicit log paths configured there.
What solution do you recommend? Please excuse my naive questions.......I am very new to Ceph !
What do you mean by "solution"? Ceph generates logs as it runs. You can tweak the log level to change the amount, but it's a consequence of long-running distributed storage software that you must live with and manage. Where you are, perhaps the best answer is "don't leave a vstart cluster up and running while you're not using it, and purge the dev/ and out/ directories once you're finished."
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:00 PM Dan Mick <dmick@redhat.com <mailto:
dmick@redhat.com>> wrote:
On 4/22/2020 10:47 AM, Bobby wrote: > > Hi, > > *PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ....still waiting for the reply !* > * > * > I am using Ceph developer mode in my virtual machine. I have Ceph in my > */home/user. *I have clone the repository. Then downloaded the build > code dependencies using* ./install-deps.sh* . Then compiled and buld. > I start in developer mode with *make vstart *and* MDS=0 RGW=1 > ../src/vstart.sh -d -l -n --bluestore. *Works all fine ! I can write a > test data to the cluster. > > The problem is, my home disk space utilization is increasing.
What
> could be the problem? Is it the cluster in developer mode taking up the > home space? Are there some logs being generated?
Yes, there are logs being generated.
> Please Looking for help /suggestions > > Bobby > > _______________________________________________ > Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> > To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io> > _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io <mailto:dev@ceph.io> To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io <mailto:dev-leave@ceph.io>
participants (2)
-
Bobby
-
Dan Mick