We're happy to announce the 11th backport release in the Pacific series.
We recommend users to update to this release. For detailed release
notes with links & changelog please refer to the official blog entry
* Cephfs: The 'AT_NO_ATTR_SYNC' macro is deprecated, please use the standard
'AT_STATX_DONT_SYNC' macro. The 'AT_NO_ATTR_SYNC' macro will be removed
* Trimming of PGLog dups is now controlled by the size instead of the version.
This fixes the PGLog inflation issue that was happening when the on-line
(in OSD) trimming got jammed after a PG split operation. Also, a new off-line
mechanism has been added: `ceph-objectstore-tool` got `trim-pg-log-dups` op
that targets situations where OSD is unable to boot due to those
If that is the case, in OSD logs the "You can be hit by THE DUPS BUG" warning
will be visible.
Relevant tracker: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/53729
* RBD: `rbd device unmap` command gained `--namespace` option. Support for
namespaces was added to RBD in Nautilus 14.2.0 and it has been possible to
map and unmap images in namespaces using the `image-spec` syntax since then
but the corresponding option available in most other commands was missing.
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at https://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-16.2.11.tar.gz
* Containers at https://quay.io/repository/ceph/ceph
* For packages, see https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 3cf40e2dca667f68c6ce3ff5cd94f01e711af894