Hello there, I am trying to understand the process flow of rgw part of ceph with the help of gdb, but I am stuck at a place where the program exits when they call a function global_init_prefork() after this function it is shwoing that main thread has exited successfully(detail is given below) and gdb stops , I am never able to make past this step.To get to my function through gdb I have to cross this function before. Here is the image [image: Screenshot from 2020-04-19 16-13-17.png] A strange thing is when I put output buffer after that function and run cluster then the output is coming, but when doing with gdb the output buffer is not showing (outpur buffer means I writing some text in a file to check whether the program is reaching that part of the code) Any suggestions will be of great help :)
Either run radosgw with the '-f' option or apply the gdb commands for 'follow-fork-mode' etc. On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:00 PM Abhinav Singh <singhabhinav0796@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there,
I am trying to understand the process flow of rgw part of ceph with the help of gdb, but I am stuck at a place where the program exits when they call a function global_init_prefork() after this function it is shwoing that main thread has exited successfully(detail is given below) and gdb stops , I am never able to make past this step.To get to my function through gdb I have to cross this function before.
Here is the image [image: Screenshot from 2020-04-19 16-13-17.png]
A strange thing is when I put output buffer after that function and run cluster then the output is coming, but when doing with gdb the output buffer is not showing (outpur buffer means I writing some text in a file to check whether the program is reaching that part of the code)
Any suggestions will be of great help :) _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
-- Cheers, Brad
add -d or -f to the options passed to the gdb run command. Or start rgw and attach gdb to the running instance, e.g. `gdb -p $pid` or `gdb -p $pid radosgw` On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:02 AM Abhinav Singh <singhabhinav0796@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there,
I am trying to understand the process flow of rgw part of ceph with the help of gdb, but I am stuck at a place where the program exits when they call a function global_init_prefork() after this function it is shwoing that main thread has exited successfully(detail is given below) and gdb stops , I am never able to make past this step.To get to my function through gdb I have to cross this function before.
Here is the image [image: Screenshot from 2020-04-19 16-13-17.png]
A strange thing is when I put output buffer after that function and run cluster then the output is coming, but when doing with gdb the output buffer is not showing (outpur buffer means I writing some text in a file to check whether the program is reaching that part of the code)
Any suggestions will be of great help :) _______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
participants (3)
-
Abhinav Singh
-
Brad Hubbard
-
Kaleb Keithley