These are the topics discussed at today's meeting (
- Casey, David, Ilya, Josh, Neha, Patrick, Sage, Sebastian, Yehuda,
Yuri, Zac, Ernesto.
- Nautilus release notes: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41958
- Pacific release status:
- Yuri: PRs to get merged today/tomorrow.
- For OpenStack team to start testing it.
- New Ceph website is out: (https://github.com/ceph/ceph.io
- Old one is still available at https://old.ceph.com
- *Ceph-users threads:*
- Cephadm Containers
- Sage: What can we do there? Identify most impacting issues.
- Non-linux platforms? FreeBSD?
- Sebastian: FreeBSD could support non-systemd
- Patrick: Concerns raised about debuggability. To ensure
legacy experience (logs, etc.).
- Ceph on Windows contract
- Already signed.
- Biweekly sync (David).
- Pipeline to produce Windows artifacts.
- CY22 Red Hat budget planning due 7/23
- Smithee replacement budget (issues with NVMe cards).
- Patrick: More developer machines? VMs (needed for package
isolation)? Containers are not enough for advanced use cases.
- David: That falls under Linux Foundation capex.
- Sebastian: proposed to explore developing and building inside
- David: All flash systems available (
- Dashboard help on removing CRUSH ruleset references:
- Ilya: can't assign new contributors to specific trackers.
- Patrick: there are 2 developer groups: the Ceph one
(everyone) and the Core one (mostly Red Hat, SUSE, etc.,
which had access
to private/embargoed trackers).
- Josh: Kubecon? No clear travel guidelines issued yet.