Supported Ceph versions on CentOS8?
What's the oldest Ceph release we plan to support on CentOS 8? I ask because I was checking how well the CentOS 8 dev builds were going (surprisingly well!) and saw luminous builds were failing because it looks like the spec file needs updating to support installing python3 packages. If we don't plan on doing luminous, we can save some time and system resources by blacklisting CentOS 8 for luminous in the CI. -- David Galloway Systems Administrator, RDU Ceph Engineering IRC: dgalloway
Personally I think it would be pretty reasonable to keep luminous limited to centos7 fwiw. Mark On 10/18/19 12:13 PM, David Galloway wrote:
What's the oldest Ceph release we plan to support on CentOS 8?
I ask because I was checking how well the CentOS 8 dev builds were going (surprisingly well!) and saw luminous builds were failing because it looks like the spec file needs updating to support installing python3 packages.
If we don't plan on doing luminous, we can save some time and system resources by blacklisting CentOS 8 for luminous in the CI.
Yeah, I agree! On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Mark Nelson wrote:
Personally I think it would be pretty reasonable to keep luminous limited to centos7 fwiw.
Mark
On 10/18/19 12:13 PM, David Galloway wrote:
What's the oldest Ceph release we plan to support on CentOS 8?
I ask because I was checking how well the CentOS 8 dev builds were going (surprisingly well!) and saw luminous builds were failing because it looks like the spec file needs updating to support installing python3 packages.
If we don't plan on doing luminous, we can save some time and system resources by blacklisting CentOS 8 for luminous in the CI.
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
participants (3)
-
David Galloway
-
Mark Nelson
-
Sage Weil