doesn't include Pacific release
The page lists only Octopus or older versions.
Any plan to update the release page?
From: David Galloway <dgallowa(a)redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 4:49 AM
To: ceph-announce(a)ceph.io; ceph-users(a)ceph.io; dev(a)ceph.io; ceph-maintainers(a)ceph.io
Subject: v16.2.6 Pacific released
We're happy to announce the 6th backport release in the Pacific series.
We recommend users to update to this release. For a detailed release
notes with links & changelog please refer to the official blog entry at
* MGR: The pg_autoscaler has a new default 'scale-down' profile which
provides more performance from the start for new pools (for newly
created clusters). Existing clusters will retain the old behavior, now
called the 'scale-up' profile. For more details, see:
* CephFS: the upgrade procedure for CephFS is now simpler. It is no
longer necessary to stop all MDS before upgrading the sole active MDS.
After disabling standby-replay, reducing max_mds to 1, and waiting for
the file systems to become stable (each fs with 1 active and 0 stopping
daemons), a rolling upgrade of all MDS daemons can be performed.
* Dashboard: now allows users to set up and display a custom message
(MOTD, warning, etc.) in a sticky banner at the top of the page. For
more details, see:
* Several fixes in BlueStore, including a fix for the deferred write
regression, which led to excessive RocksDB flushes and compactions.
Previously, when bluestore_prefer_deferred_size_hdd was equal to or more
than bluestore_max_blob_size_hdd (both set to 64K), all the data was
deferred, which led to increased consumption of the column family used
to store deferred writes in RocksDB. Now, the
bluestore_prefer_deferred_size parameter independently controls deferred
writes, and only writes smaller than this size use the deferred write path.
* The default value of osd_client_message_cap has been set to 256, to
provide better flow control by limiting maximum number of in-flight
* PGs no longer show a active+clean+scrubbing+deep+repair state when
osd_scrub_auto_repair is set to true, for regular deep-scrubs with no
* ceph-mgr-modules-core debian package does not recommend ceph-mgr-rook
anymore. As the latter depends on python3-numpy which cannot be imported
in different Python sub-interpreters multi-times if the version of
python3-numpy is older than 1.19. Since apt-get installs the Recommends
packages by default, ceph-mgr-rook was always installed along with
ceph-mgr debian package as an indirect dependency. If your workflow
depends on this behavior, you might want to install ceph-mgr-rook
* This is the first release built for Debian Bullseye.
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at https://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-16.2.6.tar.gz
* Containers at https://hub.docker.com/r/ceph/ceph/tags?name=v16.2.6
* For packages, see https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: ee28fb57e47e9f88813e24bbf4c14496ca299d31
Dev mailing list -- dev(a)ceph.io
To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave(a)ceph.io