Vstart error with option bluestore block path = {path to device}
Hi Sage, I have experienced an error when I tries to use vstart to create a cluster running on raw device. Here is my vstart command: sudo MON=1 OSD=1 MDS=0 ../src/vstart.sh -b -d -n -x -l -o 'bluestore block path = /dev/sda' -o 'bluestore fsck on mkfs = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on mount = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on umount = false' -o 'bluestore block db path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal create = false' -o 'bluestore block db create = false' -o 'bluefs preextend wal files = true' And here is my error list: /users/ceph/build/bin/ceph-osd -i 0 -c /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/ceph.conf 7f34590d1d80 -1 Falling back to public interface 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) _lock flock failed on /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) open failed to lock /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable 7f34590d1d80 -1 osd.0 0 OSD:init: unable to mount object store 7f34590d1d80 -1 ** ERROR: osd init failed: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable I couldn’t find the reason for this error. Please help. Thanks, Yiming
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Sage,
I have experienced an error when I tries to use vstart to create a cluster running on raw device. Here is my vstart command:
sudo MON=1 OSD=1 MDS=0 ../src/vstart.sh -b -d -n -x -l -o 'bluestore block path = /dev/sda' -o 'bluestore fsck on mkfs = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on mount = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on umount = false' -o 'bluestore block db path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal create = false' -o 'bluestore block db create = false' -o 'bluefs preextend wal files = true'
And here is my error list: /users/ceph/build/bin/ceph-osd -i 0 -c /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/ceph.conf 7f34590d1d80 -1 Falling back to public interface 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) _lock flock failed on /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) open failed to lock /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable 7f34590d1d80 -1 osd.0 0 OSD:init: unable to mount object store 7f34590d1d80 -1 ** ERROR: osd init failed: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable
This probably means there is another ceph-osd process still running on your host that has the device open and locked. sage
I couldn’t find the reason for this error.
Please help.
Thanks, Yiming
Hi Sage and Sam, Reboot works for the first time! After reboot, when I run the vstart command for the first time, everything is fine, but failed for the second time after the stop command is called. And then I rebooted again, and the error is persisted. I checked the osd, ceph process and I didn’t see any active threads in the system. Any thoughts? Thanks, Yiming
On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:02 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Sage,
I have experienced an error when I tries to use vstart to create a cluster running on raw device. Here is my vstart command:
sudo MON=1 OSD=1 MDS=0 ../src/vstart.sh -b -d -n -x -l -o 'bluestore block path = /dev/sda' -o 'bluestore fsck on mkfs = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on mount = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on umount = false' -o 'bluestore block db path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal create = false' -o 'bluestore block db create = false' -o 'bluefs preextend wal files = true'
And here is my error list: /users/ceph/build/bin/ceph-osd -i 0 -c /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/ceph.conf 7f34590d1d80 -1 Falling back to public interface 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) _lock flock failed on /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) open failed to lock /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable 7f34590d1d80 -1 osd.0 0 OSD:init: unable to mount object store 7f34590d1d80 -1 ** ERROR: osd init failed: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable
This probably means there is another ceph-osd process still running on your host that has the device open and locked.
sage
I couldn’t find the reason for this error.
Please help.
Thanks, Yiming
Can you strace it or add some debugging and confirm which call is failing? -Sam On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM Yiming Zhang <yzhan298@ucsc.edu> wrote:
Hi Sage and Sam,
Reboot works for the first time! After reboot, when I run the vstart command for the first time, everything is fine, but failed for the second time after the stop command is called. And then I rebooted again, and the error is persisted. I checked the osd, ceph process and I didn’t see any active threads in the system.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Yiming
On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:02 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Sage,
I have experienced an error when I tries to use vstart to create a cluster running on raw device. Here is my vstart command:
sudo MON=1 OSD=1 MDS=0 ../src/vstart.sh -b -d -n -x -l -o 'bluestore block path = /dev/sda' -o 'bluestore fsck on mkfs = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on mount = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on umount = false' -o 'bluestore block db path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal create = false' -o 'bluestore block db create = false' -o 'bluefs preextend wal files = true'
And here is my error list: /users/ceph/build/bin/ceph-osd -i 0 -c /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/ceph.conf 7f34590d1d80 -1 Falling back to public interface 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) _lock flock failed on /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) open failed to lock /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable 7f34590d1d80 -1 osd.0 0 OSD:init: unable to mount object store 7f34590d1d80 -1 ** ERROR: osd init failed: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable
This probably means there is another ceph-osd process still running on your host that has the device open and locked.
sage
I couldn’t find the reason for this error.
Please help.
Thanks, Yiming
On Fri, 2019-10-11 at 11:02 -0700, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Sage and Sam,
Reboot works for the first time! After reboot, when I run the vstart command for the first time, everything is fine, but failed for the second time after the stop command is called. And then I rebooted again, and the error is persisted. I checked the osd, ceph process and I didn’t see any active threads in the system.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Yiming
On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:02 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Yiming Zhang wrote:
Hi Sage,
I have experienced an error when I tries to use vstart to create a cluster running on raw device. Here is my vstart command:
sudo MON=1 OSD=1 MDS=0 ../src/vstart.sh -b -d -n -x -l -o 'bluestore block path = /dev/sda' -o 'bluestore fsck on mkfs = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on mount = false' -o 'bluestore fsck on umount = false' -o 'bluestore block db path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal path = ' -o 'bluestore block wal create = false' -o 'bluestore block db create = false' -o 'bluefs preextend wal files = true'
And here is my error list: /users/ceph/build/bin/ceph-osd -i 0 -c /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/ceph.conf 7f34590d1d80 -1 Falling back to public interface 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) _lock flock failed on /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block 7f34590d1d80 -1 bdev(0x562ce4c72000 /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block) open failed to lock /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable 7f34590d1d80 -1 osd.0 0 OSD:init: unable to mount object store 7f34590d1d80 -1 ** ERROR: osd init failed: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable
These locks should go away when the file descriptor on which they were acquired is closed. When you see this, what does this command show (run as root)? # lsof /users/yzhan298/ceph/build/dev/osd0/block That should tell you if anyone else has it open. Also, if you know dev/ino combination for the block device, you can try to track it down the lock in /proc/locks. -- Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
participants (4)
-
Jeff Layton
-
Sage Weil
-
Sam Just
-
Yiming Zhang