can't setup vstart cluster on Fedora 33
Hi, I am running Fedora 33 and am failing to get vstart cluster running on it. Running "../src/vstart.sh -n -d" ends up in an infinite loop and following two lines get printed on stdout at every iteration - /home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/bin/ceph -c /home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/ceph.conf -k /home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/keyring -h waiting for mgr restful module to start I've seen vstart.sh loop at the exact same point a few months ago when few Python dependencies were missing. I took a look into build/out/mgr.x.log and the log message there seems to be speak of the cause - https://gist.github.com/rishabh-d-dave/c4d413fcdf67aadffc2875479cd5d73f. Since the log message includes the names of the MGR plugins and not some Python packages/modules, I think the issue is most probably a bug somewhere in Ceph repo. Here are the few more related messages from the same log during same run - https://gist.github.com/rishabh-d-dave/05c75bb4729014295f32706a0555b17e I've tried running vstart.sh differently -- passing the number of daemons explicitly, running with different options, etc -- but nothing has led to a different outcome so far. I've also tried twice to recompile the code from scratch -- triggering building after "git clean" andsubmodule update and building on a brand new repo once. I was at the latest master orvery close to it both the times. The commit IDs are 477b705fe782668427bd11ab3fe9e350b9e72eac and 0be78da368f2dc1c891e3caafac38f7aa96d3c49. I used following commands to trigger code's compilation - time(sudo ./install-deps.sh && ./do_cmake.sh -DWITH_CEPHFS_SHELL=ON -DWITH_BABELTRACE=OFF -DWITH_MANPAGE=OFF -DWITH_RBD=OFF -DWITH_RADOSGW=OFF -DWITH_KRBD=OFF && cd build && ninja -j 7 ) Is this issue already known/seen? I haven't opened a ticket on the tracker since I am not sure that this is definitely a bug. Thanks, - Rishabh
On Tue, 2021-04-20 at 20:00 +0530, Rishabh Dave wrote:
Hi,
I am running Fedora 33 and am failing to get vstart cluster running on it. Running "../src/vstart.sh -n -d" ends up in an infinite loop and following two lines get printed on stdout at every iteration -
/home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/bin/ceph -c /home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/ceph.conf -k /home/rishabh/repos/ceph/test2/build/keyring -h waiting for mgr restful module to start
I've seen vstart.sh loop at the exact same point a few months ago when few Python dependencies were missing.
I took a look into build/out/mgr.x.log and the log message there seems to be speak of the cause - https://gist.github.com/rishabh-d-dave/c4d413fcdf67aadffc2875479cd5d73f. Since the log message includes the names of the MGR plugins and not some Python packages/modules, I think the issue is most probably a bug somewhere in Ceph repo. Here are the few more related messages from the same log during same run - https://gist.github.com/rishabh-d-dave/05c75bb4729014295f32706a0555b17e
I've tried running vstart.sh differently -- passing the number of daemons explicitly, running with different options, etc -- but nothing has led to a different outcome so far. I've also tried twice to recompile the code from scratch -- triggering building after "git clean" andsubmodule update and building on a brand new repo once. I was at the latest master orvery close to it both the times. The commit IDs are 477b705fe782668427bd11ab3fe9e350b9e72eac and 0be78da368f2dc1c891e3caafac38f7aa96d3c49.
I used following commands to trigger code's compilation -
time(sudo ./install-deps.sh && ./do_cmake.sh -DWITH_CEPHFS_SHELL=ON -DWITH_BABELTRACE=OFF -DWITH_MANPAGE=OFF -DWITH_RBD=OFF -DWITH_RADOSGW=OFF -DWITH_KRBD=OFF && cd build && ninja -j 7 )
Is this issue already known/seen? I haven't opened a ticket on the tracker since I am not sure that this is definitely a bug.
Thanks, - Rishabh
I hit a problem in the mgr under Fedora 33 as well and reported it here: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/48787 Last I checked, it was still bugged on f33 due to that. Not sure if that's the same problem you've been seeing. I've been building/testing in a centos8 container because of that bug... -- <jlayton@redhat.com>
participants (2)
-
jlayton@redhat.com
-
Rishabh Dave