Questions about ISA-L Crypto built into Ceph
Hi all, I'm focusing on the ISA-L encryption in the Ceph master. But when I read the 'CMakelists.txt' in Ceph, I found the default usage of crypto lib is 'openssl' rather than 'isa-l' or others. So I just wonder whether the isa-l crypto has been built in Ceph and how the isa-l crypto usage method in Ceph currently. Hope you may help and reply. Thanks. Best wishes, Shijin
On 14:01 Tue 13 Oct, Song, Shijin wrote:
Hi all,
I’m focusing on the ISA-L encryption in the Ceph master. But when I read the ‘CMakelists.txt’ in Ceph, I found the default usage of crypto lib is ‘openssl’ rather than ‘isa-l’ or others.
So I just wonder whether the isa-l crypto has been built in Ceph and [Changcheng]: Built yet
how the isa-l crypto usage method in Ceph currently. [Changcheng]: It seems that src/crypto/{isa-l,openssl,qat} is only used in rgw: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_crypt.cc#L35 API: cbc_encrypt & cbc_decrypt
There's below option to select the plugin(default is isa-l): https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/common/options.cc#L808
Hope you may help and reply. Thanks.
Best wishes,
Shijin
_______________________________________________ Dev mailing list -- dev@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to dev-leave@ceph.io
participants (2)
-
Liu, Changcheng
-
Song, Shijin