Hi, I am trying to use CEPH dmclock to see how it works for QoS control. Especially, I want to set “osd_op_queue” as “mclock_client” to config different [r, w, l] for each client. The CEPH version I use is nautilus 14.2.9. I noticed that in "OSD CONFIG REFERENCE" section of CEPH documentation, it states that "the mClock based ClientQueue (mclock_client) also incorporates the client identifier in order to promote fairness between clients.", so I believe librados can support per-client configurations right now. I wonder how I can set up the CEPH configuration to config different (r, w, l) for different clients using such “client identifier"? Thanks. Best, Zhenbo Qiao
Hi, About 2 weeks ago there were a couple of responses to your earlier version of this question. You’ll find them in the archives: https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/dev@ceph.io/message/ISOXG5F25NNHN6D3RU... https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/dev@ceph.io/message/HPV7QDP6ZG42NKHJNN... Eric
On Jun 16, 2020, at 2:58 AM, Zhenbo Qiao <qjpqzb@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to use CEPH dmclock to see how it works for QoS control. Especially, I want to set “osd_op_queue” as “mclock_client” to config different [r, w, l] for each client. The CEPH version I use is nautilus 14.2.9.
I noticed that in "OSD CONFIG REFERENCE" section of CEPH documentation, it states that "the mClock based ClientQueue (mclock_client) also incorporates the client identifier in order to promote fairness between clients.", so I believe librados can support per-client configurations right now. I wonder how I can set up the CEPH configuration to config different (r, w, l) for different clients using such “client identifier"? Thanks.
Best, Zhenbo Qiao
participants (2)
-
Eric Ivancich
-
Zhenbo Qiao