Hi,
Just to expand a bit. For development purposes.
As Casey says:
+ EPEL9 has libarrow-9
If you're developing on RHEL8 or CentOS 8:
+ EPEL8 has libarrow-8 (requires installing subversion-devel module and utf8proc-devel from the module)
And if you're developing on Fedora:
+ Fedora 38 and f39/rawhide are getting libarrow-11 now
+ Fedora 37 has libarrow-9
+ Fedora 36 has libarrow-8
+ Fedora 35 (EOL) has nothing
(I originally thought 9, 10, and 11 were released closer together than they actually are. Although 6-8 weeks between them is still a lot of churn IMO. Independent of that, there's still an opportunity to leave Fedora 38 on libarrow-10 if it makes sense to have libarrow-10 available in a Fedora release.)
I dare say "we" could build ORC and Arrow .debs for Ubuntu in a Launchpad PPA. Would that be useful or usable? I.e. could teuthology consume packages from a PPA? (Pretty sure I don't want to own that though. Def don't want to be the only owner of it.)