Ceph Steering Committee Meeting 2025-11-03
we covered two topics today that generated a lot of good discussion, but neither reached a consensus: AI Code contributions * current lack of clear policy on submissions containing AI-generated code. do we want one? what are the concerns/risks? how do we enforce? * requires further discussion Tentacle updates? * merge conflicts in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/66096 * lrc upgrade? ** very risky with pending lab move next week. after the move, lrc may not be available for upgrade until 2026? ** should this block the release or not? requires further discussion
Hi everyone, On Mon, Nov 3, 2025 at 9:28 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@redhat.com> wrote:
we covered two topics today that generated a lot of good discussion, but neither reached a consensus:
AI Code contributions * current lack of clear policy on submissions containing AI-generated code. do we want one? what are the concerns/risks? how do we enforce? * requires further discussion
Tentacle updates? * merge conflicts in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/66096 * lrc upgrade? ** very risky with pending lab move next week. after the move, lrc may not be available for upgrade until 2026? ** should this block the release or not? requires further discussion
Are there any community members who would be willing to help test Tentacle 20.2.0 upgrades on their test/staging clusters? This will immensely help us build more confidence in the stability of the release and expedite GA'ing long-awaited features like Fast EC! Thanks, Neha
_______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
On 11/6/25 21:31, Neha Ojha wrote:
Are there any community members who would be willing to help test Tentacle 20.2.0 upgrades on their test/staging clusters? This will immensely help us build more confidence in the stability of the release and expedite GA'ing long-awaited features like Fast EC!
Sure. What container image should I upgrade to (URL)? Gr. Stefan
Special thanks to @Stefan Kooman for testing upgrades for 20.2.0! He has successfully upgraded 2 clusters including one with RGW mutli-site. Thanks, Neha On Thu, Nov 6, 2025 at 12:31 PM Neha Ojha <nojha@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
On Mon, Nov 3, 2025 at 9:28 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@redhat.com> wrote:
we covered two topics today that generated a lot of good discussion, but neither reached a consensus:
AI Code contributions * current lack of clear policy on submissions containing AI-generated code. do we want one? what are the concerns/risks? how do we enforce? * requires further discussion
Tentacle updates? * merge conflicts in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/66096 * lrc upgrade? ** very risky with pending lab move next week. after the move, lrc may not be available for upgrade until 2026? ** should this block the release or not? requires further discussion
Are there any community members who would be willing to help test Tentacle 20.2.0 upgrades on their test/staging clusters? This will immensely help us build more confidence in the stability of the release and expedite GA'ing long-awaited features like Fast EC!
Thanks, Neha
_______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
Sure! Are containers // RPMs already available somewhere? Anything in particular you are interested in? Cheers, Enrico On 11/6/25 21:31, Neha Ojha wrote:
Hi everyone,
On Mon, Nov 3, 2025 at 9:28 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@redhat.com> wrote:
we covered two topics today that generated a lot of good discussion, but neither reached a consensus:
AI Code contributions * current lack of clear policy on submissions containing AI-generated code. do we want one? what are the concerns/risks? how do we enforce? * requires further discussion
Tentacle updates? * merge conflicts in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/66096 * lrc upgrade? ** very risky with pending lab move next week. after the move, lrc may not be available for upgrade until 2026? ** should this block the release or not? requires further discussion Are there any community members who would be willing to help test Tentacle 20.2.0 upgrades on their test/staging clusters? This will immensely help us build more confidence in the stability of the release and expedite GA'ing long-awaited features like Fast EC!
Thanks, Neha
_______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
_______________________________________________ ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@ceph.io To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@ceph.io
-- Enrico Bocchi CERN European Laboratory for Particle Physics IT - Storage & Data Management - General Storage Services Mailbox: G20500 - Office: 31-2-010 1211 Genève 23 Switzerland
participants (4)
-
Casey Bodley
-
Enrico Bocchi
-
Neha Ojha
-
Stefan Kooman